It was my Mums birthday on Monday, so I decided to make some cupcakes. My mum loves lemon flavoured cakes so I created a batch of light and fluffy cupcakes, and while still hot I drizzled each cake with a lemon and icing sugar mix - the flavour was absolutely gorgeous!!!
Once cool I topped with vanilla buttercream which had crushed meringue pieces mixed in to it. The meringue did make it hard to pipe... some of the pieces were not crushed small enough which partialy blocked the M1 nozzle I was using!!! This did result in a really pretty effect as the frosting came out in several little ribbons which piled up. I finished off with a light dusting of silver glitter.
Once cool I topped with vanilla buttercream which had crushed meringue pieces mixed in to it. The meringue did make it hard to pipe... some of the pieces were not crushed small enough which partialy blocked the M1 nozzle I was using!!! This did result in a really pretty effect as the frosting came out in several little ribbons which piled up. I finished off with a light dusting of silver glitter.

They sound delicious!
ReplyDeleteI have to say that your cakes look soooo yummy.
ReplyDelete