There's nothing like recieving a gift from your little ones which they've made, the problem is what to do with it. We store our kids 'makes' in memory boxes, but it always seems such a shame that it's all tucked away from view. With this in mind I decided to expand my range of silver makes to include impressions of my daughters handprints and my sons writing (my son has autism and rarely puts pen to paper, so I wanted to capture it!!!). I will be trying out one of my sons drawings too when I get some more silver!!
This silver keyring is a gift for my husband.
The silver oval will be secured to the bottom corner of a photo frame I have - it contains a photo of my little girl just hours after she was born.
The handprint and writing were scaned onto my PC, scaled down to size and turned into stamps using photopolymer plates. I used PMC3 Silver to craft the pieces, hand fired them, then tumbled and polished them to a high shine (with both tripoli and rouge). I'm really pleased with the results :0)
They are absolutley beautiful. What a brilliant way to use childrens handmade items.
ReplyDelete